October 11, 2012

VentureBreak

For about two years I wrote for and edited a group-written blog called VentureBreak. It was focused largely on technology news and opinions, startups, and social media. It disappeared from the web earlier this year when a few other things came up in my life, and I lost the time and motivation to write for it. It also wasn't profiting enough to sustain itself.

But after several months without it, I miss it. I miss it so much that I'm thinking about launching it again and taking it more seriously from a business standpoint.

Before I could relaunch it though, I would need a solid team of writers/reporters willing to write off of pure passion until we start profiting enough to pay them. Taking monetization more seriously, that shouldn't take too long.

What I loved about VentureBreak was that it was a fast-paced blog, and every writer had complete editorial freedom. That means that there were no set posting times or topics, and our writers could write whatever they want (within reason) without fear of it being edited or taken down. That policy worked well for us, and I would definitely keep it in place in the future.

One thing I want to improve on, though, is doing more of our own research and reporting, rather than citing facts from competing sources.

If you'd be interested in working with me on this project, don't hesitate to get in touch: you can email me at djbradmerrill@gmail.com. Past VB writers are more than welcome, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment