January 18, 2013

Another Terrible Week

Keeping myself healthy has been quite a task lately.

Last Saturday, some unusual circumstances brought me to Chipotle for an 11am breakfast. I'm usually not one to complain about "non-breakfast" food for breakfast, but I couldn't finish it. All hell was breaking loose in my digestive system.

I chalked it up to it being the first meal of the day, and went on with my business. By that evening, I'd developed a fever and a slight cough. The slight cough evolved into violent choking every time I took a breath.

I saw my doctor on Tuesday, who, after probing me with every test she had, diagnosed me with influenza type B, which is untreatable. No pneumonia, though, and that's what I was worried about.

I'm now on day 6 of being bedridden, but I think I may be a free man by tomorrow. The flu is bad this year, so I suggest you maintain good hygiene and stay away from anyone who's coughing. If you already have it, please have some compassion for the people around you and keep your distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment