October 10, 2013

The race against time

Journalism is fucking expensive.

Since the genesis of the Pressing Issues project, I've been fairly optimistic with everyone I've spoken to. However, as a journalistic organization, honesty is incredibly valuable—and I'm sad to say that my past optimism has not been entirely honest.

Pressing Issues has managed to survive its initial launch and attract quite a few subscribers (to whom I am genuinely grateful), and I've been humbled by the number of people who want to support the cause.

But financially, we're fucking screwed.

Journalism isn't cheap, and although our contributors have agreed to work for extremely low rates, I cannot in good conscience continue paying them unfairly.

We've determined that, in order to continue operating, we need to raise (through subscriptions, reprints, and donations) approximately $10,000 by the end of October. If we do not meet that goal, I will be forced to either shut down the publication or turn it over to someone with the necessary resources to make it work.

If we do not meet the $10,000 goal, all subscribers and donors will be refunded in full.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed. I hope you'll continue to support us in the face of our impending doom.

16 comments:

  1. I simply want to tell you that I'm newbie to blogging and site-building and honestly liked this web blog. Very likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You really have fantastic articles. Many thanks for sharing with us your website page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this website with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I genuinely enjoy looking through on this website , it contains great articles . "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." by Andre Gide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking around

    I like to browse in various places on the web, regularly I will go to Stumble Upon and follow thru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking around

    I like to browse around the internet, often I will go to Stumble Upon and read and check stuff out

    ReplyDelete
  6. News info

    I was reading the news and I saw this really cool info

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've alleged that least 4947214 times. SCK was here

    ReplyDelete