June 29, 2014

My first 5k

After eight weeks of training, I just ran my first (nonstop) 5k.

I've been putting a lot of work into my physical fitness for the last few months, and I'm stronger today than I've ever been. I feel better, I'm happier, and I'm more productive. When you take care of your body, it tends to return the favor.

I owe this milestone to the Nike+ Running app, which is essentially a personal trainer in my pocket. It tells me what to do each day, and I do it. That's not all, though—it also tracks my distance every time I run, and there's no way to catch up if I get behind. It's nice to have that sense of obligation to get my ass out of bed in the morning.

Running is a great hobby to have, particularly for folks who spend hours staring at a screen each day. Get out there and make it happen.

20140629-102457-37497897.jpg

10 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you that I'm beginner to blogging and absolutely enjoyed your web-site. Most likely I’m want to bookmark your blog post . You really have incredible posts. Thank you for sharing with us your web page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and may come back from now on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Neat column. Here is a problem mutually with your web situate in internet explorer, would test this... To be precise nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a enormous constituent of people will pass on your enormous prose due to this problem.

    ReplyDelete